Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Editing blog

Hi! In a few weeks we had to plan, film, and edit. We’ve covered all but one category, the editing process. My group and I really wanted to get our editing done for the holidays. I feel really bad about not having a part in the editing process. I have course put my own critiques in when asked. I’ve never been quite good at editing. I’ve always been better at filming. On our schedule that we made, we had our editing time a week during the holidays. While this was a good plan it didn’t end as well as we wanted it to. Instead of using a Camera provided by the school and pinnacle studios, my group chose to film on our phones and to use iMovie‘s for our camera and editing software. The problem was that our editor did not have the proper software which was I movies at their disposal. Our game plan had to be changed. Instead of editing our whole movie properly, we chose to do a quick edit for our peer review. This is why some scenes might have seemed choppy. The editor in our group decided to edit the movie on her phone using iMovie’s. For our final edit we want to use two different fonts and use better transitions. Along with this problem another obstacle occurred. This was that our film was too long. Well this seems like an easy problem to fix this is quite the opposite. We felt that all of the scenes we are vital to the story that we wanted to convey. To combat this problem we chose to cut some scenes in the editing process.Our new game plan is to use our critiques that our peers gave us and re-shoot some scenes then to re-edit as needed.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment