Friday, October 25, 2019

Filming Blog

Yesterday was an exciting day for my group and I! We started filming for our McDonals commercial! The day before we stared filming I was told by my friend that the filing process was not going to be a very enjoyable time. Contrary to what my friend told me my group and I had a very enjoyable time while filming. Im not sure if it's because one of the members dressed up as Ronald McDonald or if it was because of the good corporation in the group. All of the members of the group where very determined to make the commercial as fun and as well made as we could.  Our group consisted of four people. We had two co-directors/film "crew", and two actors. Filming a commercial comes with a lot of responsibilities. These responsibilities include carrying the equipment, obtaining the props that where needed in the commercial, making sure we stay true the our storyboard, of course the filming part, and dumping the shots onto a computer.
While filming, my group had to split up our responsibilities between the four of us. The responsibility I got was to be a co-director with my other group member Jake. By being co-director I had to look at the storyboard we made so we could make our shots end up looking like what we put on the paper. Speaking about the storyboard, I was the one that sketched out what was on the storyboard. I also carried some of the equipment to the location we were filming at. Another responsibility I had was filming the commercial. My co-director and I worked on filming all of the shots needed to create cohesive commercial.We choose McDonalds as our commercial so we of course had to get McDonalds for the props! The night before we filmed I ran down to my local McDonalds to retrieve a happy meal to use in our commercial. Now I know what you're thinking "ew old McDonalds", I thought the same thing. We didn't actually eat it though, it was there to be our props.
After we where all done with filming my group and I watched all of the takes that we took to make sure we where really done with filming. After seeing the takes I think we did a pretty good job. Even though we were a little silly and we played around a little we got it done. To be honest I was a little scared about the whole filming part. I wasn't sure how well we were going to do and if the takes were going to come out right. All of my worries went away when I saw all the takes. What is even scarier than the filming is the editing part. on Monday we are starting the editing portion part of the commercial.Anyways I really enjoyed filming and being co-director. When I started to film and start directing I really became comfortable with the whole process. I'm not sure what I'm going to do later in life but I really enjoyed this

No comments:

Post a Comment