Monday, October 28, 2019

Editing blog

Today is 10/28/19. We were supposed to edit today. When I say supposed I mean the app that we were going to use was down and most of the computers in the class didn't even have the editing app. I walked into class thinking that today I was going to work my butt off while editing. I was surprised when I learned that the editing app called pinnacle studios was not working.Pinacle studios is the app that we edit on. My group and I got on to our computer that we dumped on and started to sign in. We got on to the computer finally after a little while after we signed in. We were already nervous that our shots that we took would not save. So after a long time of waiting we were able to open the file that has all of our footage and were ready to edit, but sadly our computers didn't have pinnacle studios. We were given a choice to either try to keep logging into computers to use pinnacle studios (only three of the computers had a working pinnacle studios) or start a blog on our little fender bender.
   My teacher also suggested to my group and I to go to one of the computers that had a working pinnacle studios. All of the members of our group had a unanimous vote to go to a working computer.   Everyone got up from the previous computer to go to one of the open working computers. The room was so cramped that I had to squeeze through the chairs to reach the second computer. We got to the second computer and sat down with hope in our hearts that this computer would work. My fellow member Jake sat down to sign in to the computer to edit. We logged in and was over joyed to see the app Pinnacle studios. Previous to moving computers I got out my flash drive and put all of our footage onto my flash drive. I got out my flash drive and plugged it into the computer to start our editing process. To my surprise the pinnacle studios didn't work. After our last attempt we had on last unanimous vote to stop and to start our blog.
   While this fender bender was happening my group and I were thinking about some ways to enhance our commercial. Weather it be in the transitions or what we were already planning to do we were thinking about it. Some consepts we came up with was what we were going to insert a picture of the McDonalds logo in the last shot of the commercial. This shot has two of the members of the group holding up McDonalds saying the classic phrase "I'm loving it". This would be the perfect shot to add an insert of the logo from McDonald. We also talked about the transitions that we are going to add in our commercial. We were talking about add a transition of the fade into a circle transition for the last shot. Honestly I really like the way the circle fade transition for our commercial. It would elevate the commercial so it would look even better than before. I really hope that next class we get to start the editing process for our commercial.

No comments:

Post a Comment