Sunday, November 29, 2020

Our music!


 Hey! For today my group and I had to decide on what songs we should use for our film. When thinking about the music choices, we need to always think about what genre we are doing and how the music could fit in with it. This past week has been pretty chaotic. Especially due to the busy holiday of Thanksgiving. Because of Thanksgiving and COVID-19, my group had not been able to see or really speak to one another. On our own we have came up with some potential songs to add into our movie. But first we had to do some research about what type of songs are usually in horror movies. My first thought was to maybe play some hard rock like Rob Zombie. Most of Rob Zombies music contain some creepy aspects. My vision is to play a song like ‘living dead girl’ in the beginning to help add to the eeriness of what’s to come. I honestly think it would help set the tone for the movie. We could both open with Rob Zombie and close with one of his songs. His songs has been used in movies like house of a thousand corpses and bride of Chucky. However we have not sent an email yet asking permission to use one of his songs. This is due to the lack of communication my group has had. Once school starts again, my group and I will come together to compose an email to ask his permission. Honestly I’m very excited to get the chance to ask to use one of Rob Zombies songs. Overall my group and I believe that his music will help take our movie to the next level.

No comments:

Post a Comment