Thursday, October 15, 2020

Short film vs. Feature Length film


 Hello! The past assignments I’ve had to watch both a short film and a full length feature film of nine. Altogether it took me an hour and 37 minutes to watch. While watching both films I’ve noticed a lot of differences and similarities in both of the films. When watching the full film I’ve noticed that it gave more of a background to the characters. The director was able to give a Why for the concepts that was given in the short film. In the short film we the viewers were pushed into a conflict that had seemingly already been going on before the film had started. It showed doll light creatures having to defeat a mechanical monster. There was no background for the situation that they were in. I contrary to this, the full film gave us more of a look into Who the protagonist was as a character and it gave more of a character development mainly because it had more time. The short had more of a mystery to it. It kept The audience is guessing to why are these creatures in an Apocalyptic Area and what happened for it to look like that. One thing that was really different was in the short film there was no dialogue or sound. While in the full length movie there was a lot of dialogue and sound. The lack of dialogue in the short film I think helped amplify the effects of the animation itself on the viewer. The use of dialogue in the full length film brought more emotion into some of the Sad scenes that were made. Honestly I think I enjoyed watching the full length movie more than the short film. This is because it felt more inviting to watch. When I say inviting I mean I would watch it again. I really enjoyed how it gave me a lot of character development and emotions through dialogue and animation. I think the use of all of those elements really helped the film feel more watch friendly. I would honestly watch it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment