Thursday, October 15, 2020

Research 9, the short


 Hello! For this week we were assigned to watch a 7 minute short titled ‘9’. Before watching the short I had no idea what it was going to be about. I soon came to realize, the short was very dynamic. When I first started to watch the short I wasn’t really sure what was happening and where the characters were. I also wondered what were the characters, “are they human? Are they some kind of creature?”.  Throughout the short I’ve realized that the setting is supposed to be in a deserted waste land and maybe during a post-apocalyptic time. Even thought I’m not quite sure what the characters are I do know that they have emotions and character development through the 7 minute short. From what I gathered the human like creatures can be told apart by their numbers on their backs. The main character which I can only assume is 9 seems to be the only one of his kind left. He also seemed to be hunted by a mechanic animal that takes the souls of its victims and wears their numbers on its back. In the short we are shown a memory of the main character that shows his friend dying by the mechanical animal. The main character figures out how to defeat the mechanical animal and helps set free the souls of his friends that had died by the mechanical animal. The really cool thing that I found was that it showed the main character conquering his fears and defeating the feared animal that defeated his friends. Some other really interesting things I’ve found was the animation that the director used. The director used really cool visual effects to keep the viewer interested. Even though the short was silent, the animation kept the viewers interested. This shows that the plot, which showed that a rag doll type creature  kill a mechanical animal that had previously killed his friends in order to survive a post-apocalyptic world, could keep audiences entertained even though there is no sound. I really enjoyed all of the dynamic uses of the animation and the plot to tell the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment