Thursday, March 12, 2020

Editing blog; I tried...

Hello! In previous blogs I’ve talked about how The editing process has been a little tricky with this new project. In this past week my group and I have tried to fix our project and editing. For our peer review my group and I had to quickly edit our film on our phones. While we were using the same app the phone version has less fonts and made the movie more choppy. This was a really big problem for my group and I because we are all perfectionist and didn’t like how it turned out. I am myself I’m not a very good editor as much as I try, I am very new to editing. For my attempt at editing I took the edited version of our movie that we made for our peer review into iMovie‘s. Keep in mind that our movie was very choppy and short because a lot of things had to be cut out due to the time limit. imovies and editing in general is a whole different playing field, I am usually the one filming. Even though editing was a new thing for me I tried my best with the skills that I’ve learned in class. In class I was taught how to put in titles and fix transitions into the movie. For the movie I picked out two different fonts for our title of the movie and all the beginning credits. The tricky part was putting the titles in for the right amount of time. Though I had valiant effort’s my titles just didn’t look right. At first I put them in for 0.8 seconds, which went by really quickly. On my second or third attempt I’d put them in for slightly longer about 2.5 seconds and I change the positioning of each so it didn’t look as neat. I didn’t want it to look neat because it’s supposed to have a eerie, creepy, unstable type of feeling to it. My other big problem was that I kept accidentally deleting it. After my second or third try I accidentally deleted the whole process. This mistake put me back about 30 minutes which was a lot. Time is of the essence, one may say with editing. Though Ive made many mistakes I’ve learned from them and now I plan on editing with my fellow group member.

No comments:

Post a Comment